As a leader in the ship repair and service Industry, MHI Ship Repair & Services will set and meet our ethical standards. We will conduct our business and ourselves with individual and corporate integrity.
MHI depends not only upon the skills, abilities and commitments of all employees, but also upon the principles of integrity and mutual respect. Our commitment to integrity begins with complying with the laws, rules and regulations where we do business. If we are unsure of whether a contemplated action is permitted by law or MHI policy, we should seek the advice from the resource expert. We are individually responsible for preventing violations of law and for speaking up if we see possible violations.
There are five key relationships in which we, the owners and employees participate and involve our fellow employees, customers, competitors, the company, and the communities where we operate. The following five commitments serve as the basis for shaping these relationships.
- We will treat fellow employees in a fair manner and foster a culture rich in diversity that is based on trust, mutual respect, teamwork, and integrity.
- We will strive to increase customer satisfaction by meeting our customers’ requirements and exceed their expectations. Workforce capabilities and efficiencies will continuously improve through our Quality Management System, providing customers with innovative quality services.
- We will treat our competitors and subcontractors fairly, honestly, and objectively.
- We will aggressively pursue growth and profitability objectives, while always keeping ethical standards in the forefront of our activities by doing our part to identify and eliminate fraudulent behavior.
- In the communities where we are members, we will act ethically and as responsible and responsive corporate citizens in compliance with the law.
- At MHI, we operate under an open-door policy. MHI promotes an atmosphere where employees can speak freely with members of the management staff. Employees are encouraged to openly discuss any potential ethical violations with their supervisor so that appropriate action may be taken.
- If the supervisor cannot be of assistance or you feel more comfortable reporting violations anonymously, MHI has established an Ethics Hotline to maintain your privacy. Employees are encouraged to call the Hotline to seek guidance or to report suspected violations of our standards.
To reach the Ethics Hotline Call: